IS  CHLORINE DIOXIDE TOXIC?

pharmasymbolBefore speaking about  toxicity we must know the principles.

The toxicity of the substance is defined by:

1. The amount of toxic

2. The place where it affects

3. Concentration

4. The duration of exposure

The first basic principle of toxicology: “The amount makes the poison” (Paracelsus) this is precisely why the medicine to practice has its symbol the snake on a stick as virtually all substances used in medicine conventional are toxic. Toxicology is the study of exposure to physical or chemical agents and the investigation of the mechanism of action of toxic agents, facilitating the development of drugs of conventional medicine substances and the adverse effects. So we understand that every substance toxic depending on: the amount- the place where the body affect- toxicology is the study of the adverse effects associated with physical agents chemicals applied concentration

THE TOXICITY OF CHLORINE DIOXIDE

We can read online that chlorine dioxide is a toxic gas and a strong oxidant, utilized in textile and paper bleaching. There are many generic documents that indicate that. However, when we read the small letter, we can see that the quantity used in paper bleaching is not even close to those described in this book. The dioxide used for paper and silk bleaching is highly concentrated and adds methanol. The utilized concentration is 11 grams per liter (!). Besides, there are 138 grams of sodium chlorate (NaClO3) per liter, which is a much more aggressive and harmful oxidant.

(Source: Georgia Institute of Technology)

The concentration for the treatments we describe in this book doesn’t usually go over 0,0025 grams and the highest dose we mention is 0,0225 grams when it is used for the treatment of malaria.

When we talk about dioxide for bleaching, we are comparing a solution that is 5960 times more concentrated. Moreover, this compound has a much stronger toxic chemistry mainly due to sodium chlorate. We have to recognize that these false claims look good in the sensationalist media, however these applications are far from reality.

 

FACTS AND FIGURES

1. Chlorine dioxide is not a toxin that accumulates in the body. Unlike other substances, it is consumed the moment it reacts to the pathogens.
2. In 100 years of use, there are only five documented cases of intoxication and all of them survived even though they took doses that were hundreds of times the ones we mention in my books.
3. If you breathe in air containing a big quantity of chlorine dioxide gas, you can experience throat, nose and lung irritation.
4. If it’s too concentrated, it produces eye irritations that are reversible.
5. Due to the data obtained to date and its use for 100 years, we can consider chlorine dioxide not to be carcinogenic.
6. There are no evidences of harmful toxicity in terms of reproduction.

So far in the confirmed scientific literature:

• There aren’t any endocrinology effects in humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any negative weight-alteration effects in humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any lymphatic immunological effects in humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any neurological effects in humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any effects on the reproductive systems of humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any effects where cancer can be associated to humans and the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any mutagenic effects on humans associated with the ingestion of chlorine dioxide.
• There aren’t any known effects of chlorine dioxide or chlorite accumulation in humans.
• There isn’t any documented case of death by intoxication due to the ingestion of chlorine dioxide in the scientific literature.

Toxicity is always dependent on quantity. If one ingests a large concentrated amount, there can be irritations, but the treatments followed by all the voluntaries mentioned in this book do not expose to amounts that are big enough to be permanently harmful to the body. There isn’t a scientifically documented case of mortal intoxication by chlorine dioxide in scientific literature. It probably induces vomit before it can reach a critical amount by ingestion.

Chlorine dioxide’s toxicity is accurate in the case of inhalation, which is not the same as its ingestion. In case of inhalation of air containing a large amount of chlorine dioxide gas, there can be throat, nose and lung irritation. When it’s too concentrated, it produces reversible irritation in the eyes. Ingestion is not considered toxic, depending on the dose. But of course, gas inhalation for a
prolonged period is toxic. During tests performed on animals, a guinea pig died after being exposed for 44 minutes to a concentration of 420 mg. per cubic meter of air. The same concentration for 5 to 15 minutes wasn’t lethal (*Haller and Northgraves 1955). Another trial exposed four mice to a much higher amount of 728 mg. per cubic meter for two hours and only one of them died of pulmonary edema (*Dalhamn 1957).

There is case literature of intoxication with dioxide’s precursor, sodium chlorite, which is a different substance. In gastrointestinal terms, there is one case where the ingestion of 10 grams of sodium chlorite (PMID: 8290712) (the equivalent to approximately 832 drops (!) of a sodium chlorite solution at 25% in one go) dissolved in water by a Chinese 25-year old male caused nausea and vomits with abdominal cramps and hemolytic crisis, and it was in fact a failed suicide attempt. (*Lin and Lim 1993). After three months, renal function came back to normal levels.
Studies about hepatic effects with humans revealed that a 24 mg/kg dose (*Lubbers et al. 1981) didn’t have any adverse hepatic effects.

So far, there are only five documented cases of severe intoxication with chlorine dioxide’s precursor: sodium chlorite. Three were suicide attempts, where subjects ingested quantities 100 times over those exposed in this book. Although there was renal-hepatic failure, this didn’t leave any permanent damage in none of the cases described in PubMed. Actually, it can be considered quite a manageable substance for a simple reason: How may drugs do we know that can we take 100 times the appropriate quantity without dying? … Just a few, and not even  Aspirin®…
Therefore, if you want to kill yourself… Look for another substance … :)